Monday, December 5, 2011

Innisfree Mineral BB Cream Review

Finally getting around to reviewing this ^^



Innisfree Mineral Waterproof BB Cream with Jeju natural mineral and organic green tea in #2 (SPF 50+/PA+++ and 12 hours waterproof), 50 ml, 18000 won (~$18USD)


Rating: 5/5
Packaging: 2/5
Uses:  concealer, foundation, whitening, and sunscreen

I actually didn't intend to buy this as I was gifted a bareMinerals starter foundation kit and had been using that.  However, when I was shopping with my friend in the Innisfree store, a nice sales lady tried this on me and successfully pulled me to the dark side lol.  Innisfree is a relatively new Korean cosmetics brand and advocates using natural ingredients in its products.

  
What caused me to buy this is how naturally it blended into my tan skin as you can tell in the picture above.  Other Korean BB creams that I tried were too light, ashy, or rosy and didn't match my skin tone at all.  I bought this in #2, the darker shade.  The texture is slightly thick compared to other BB creams but doesn't feel as heavy as foundation when I apply it.  It has a scent, but it's not flowery...just smells like makeup.  Or perhaps it's the Jeju minerals...?  Anyway, this BB cream does have slight whitening properties, so be careful of over-applying product as it will cause you to look ghostly.  Here's what it looks like on my face.

It does a good job in covering redness and dark blemishes and brightens your skin while keeping your complexion natural and matte.  The photos above are with just the BB cream; no finishing powder applied.  Other highlights include waterproof for up to 12 hours and a high SPF, meaning that I don't have to waste time and money on applying a sunscreen.  And not only is it actually waterproof, it stays for 12+ hours.  I would get ready for class at 7:30am and come home at 1am some days and it would still be there.  As the makeup oxidizes, the brightening effect subsides a little and blends in with your skin tone.

One complaint though is the long tube packaging.  Other BB creams have a wider and fatter tube or are in a bottle with a nozzle.  The long tube makes it hard to control the amount of product that comes out sometimes, for instance if it was sitting in your makeup bag pressed against something, when you open it the pressure will cause the BB cream to ooze out uncontrollably.  Then you waste product and the cap gets messy.  However, everything else about it I love.  This is definitely one of the best BB creams I've tried so far and for the amount, I think it's a fair price.


Dislike:

  • Packaging can get messy
  • Easy to over-apply product

Like:

  • Color matches skin tone perfectly
  • Covers redness and blemishes
  • Made of natural ingredients
  • Waterproof
  • High SPF

1 comment:

Misslain said...

I got this bb cream as a gift from my korean friend. I was thinking to just give it away to my cousin since my skin is too sensitive. I've tried most of korean brand and it never fails to give me breakout (Skin79, Etude House, Laneige, Face Shop, Hanskin, Missha, Ecore etc...) thanks to your review... I will give it a try ^^