Sunday, June 6, 2010

Successful Adventure in the Gardens

Weather:  cloudy and comfortable
Mood:  同恩 - 一簾幽夢

Waking up early on a Sunday morning; how rare lol.  Stayed in all day yesterday, so I was determined to go out today and expend some energy so that I can eat more.  My mom bought me like $200 worth of groceries, and I'm having a very hard time eating all of it before it goes bad.   I decided to take a morning stroll and take advantage of the early morning coolness and drove to the Will Rogers Garden.  The first time that I've been out myself and had completely no detours!  *tears of joy*  

The place was really pretty, despite it being summer. Imagine what a sight it would be in the spring!  You can tell that the people there take good care of the place.  It's really cute how the garden is set up Louis XIV-esque.  Made me feel like 紫菱 and that I am not stuck in this tiny city, but rather in Paris.  

Snapped lots of photos for once :)  I've rekindled my appreciation for my Nikon camera after our epic roommate picture day.  The quality is a lot better than I thought!  Or perhaps my photography skills have improved?  *laughs*




Cute ducklings up close.
They wanted to explore the gardens, too.

A really, really cool tree.  The fluffy stuff at the end makes it special.  Looks like someone took a paintbrush and dabbed it on.


A really nice lake? creek?  Don't know...let's just say body of water.
The breeze felt really nice, with all the foliage and the coolness of the lake coming my way.

De-stressed for Monday.  Bring it on!  This week will fly by just like the last.  And I'll be a week closer to going home  :)


No comments: