Thursday, December 30, 2010

'Twas a Good Year

As old age gets the better of me and I grow sappier and more sentimental by the day, I'm finding it important to take a step back and reflect on what I've done and the memories I've made.  So, here's basically a recap of the highlights of my 2o1o year.  

  • Annual winter get togethers with my closest friends - including sleepovers at Steph's and restaurant dates with Jen and Rach.  Gotta keep up the tradition!!
  • Nueces Oaks - best off campus living experience ever with the best roomies ever.  Making shao mai, crepes, pizza, cabbage soup, tomato soup, etc in our big ass kitchen, hanging out in the living room, barhopping together, watching movies together, walking to Ken's and Yogurt Spot late at night..spring 2010 was my best and most fun semester at UT.  Ironically also my worst semester academically.  ha ha.
  • Chinese Dance Recital - number...3? 4?  I've lost track.  I think this one will be hard to forget though because of the awesome dancers I got to work with and meet.  The dances themselves....meh, I always forget my part anyway.
  • Eva's 21st - Found the secret formula to having fun on 6th - all you need are three single and well-dressed girls.   And I learned that spending Sunday nights on 6th are surprisingly fun.
  • Making a video - I'm finally a starrrrrrrr!  haha not really...more like my most embarrassing moments caught on camera.  But it was OK because I had 3 other equally dorky partners in crime.
  • Interning in OKC - Now 500% sure that 1) I cannot survive without a roommate, 2) I need to make a living off of BS-ing presentations and powerpoints, and 3) OU people are not as scary as UT people make them out to be. 
  • Family vacation to Orlando for my birthday - FINALLY after years of delay got to visit the original Happiest Place on Earth and the Harry Potter park.  It was maaaagical.  'Nuff said.
  • Client project - Learned a lot about people and reality.  Both suck.  But....you gotta work with what you got.  Sadly I'll have to live with both of those until I die.
  • Flag Football - Kinda hard to forget since it's etched on my arm now like Harry Potter has "I must not tell lies" etched on the back of his hand....at least I know that I can catch an interception and I'll have a conversation starter at awkward socials.
  • Texas State Fair - The most artery clogging day of my life.  I tasted almost 15 different types of fried food.  The day concluded with one of the best endings I've ever had.  Eva and me basically stalked 5 white guys in the back of a truck for half an hour as they serenaded us with a book and their number.  Too bad I forgot it.

Wow, coming up with 10 things to list was surprisingly not painful at all.  Guess that goes to show how 2o1o was better than I could ever have imagined it to be.  Then again that's probably because I didn't have any expectations for an exciting year.  Looking back though, this year seems to be a turning point in my life.  Kind of the beginning of the end in that I'm preparing to let go of my college years and truly transition from being a kid to an adult.  Don't worry though, the kid inside me will always live, just like Calvin and Hobbes.  You can never throw away Disney movies, chocolate milk, and stuffed animal pals.  


A collage of some pictures I had handy on my laptop

No comments: