Sunday, January 2, 2011

Hopes for the New Year

Notice that this post is entitled hopes.  Not resolutions, goals, or things-that-I-must-do.  Maybe by using the word "hopes" I'll actually be able to trick my brain into actually fulfilling these hopes.  We'll see a year later.

  • Write (at least) 100 blog posts.  Had some hiccups this year, but I did blog 98 times...so close, yet so far from 100!
  • Budget money more wisely. didn't set a monthly limit because I know that by being abroad in itself, shopping is inevitable.  But, what I am gonna try to do is stretch my money for all it's worth and come back only with pieces that I genuinely love to death and will use.
  • Read more.  When I was little I read at least a book a week.  I need to start doing that again.
  • Redefine my style.  As college is slowly coming to a close, it seems unfitting (and boring) to keep donning my favorite t-shirt, especially if I plan to pursue a career in business.  I like a variety of styles, but I'm going to aim for a closet that's "casual chic."  Chic, but not stuffed up or overly conservative.  'Cause that's equally boring (and more uncomfortable) than t-shirts everyday.
  • Experience life more.  This is one I have in my pocket with my upcoming travels, but I should add it anyway so that I can check an extra item off my list and feel more accomplished at the end of the year =D  
Short and sweet.  Just the way I like it.  Any of you aiming for new year's resolutions?  Please share so that I can be inspired =)

1 comment:

Ahleessa said...

Happy New Year!!! I like that you're writing hope instead of writing resolutions... hehe~ Maybe I should do that to mine. :X