Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day!

A day dedicated to thinking of the environment and thanking Mother Nature.  And a very happy day indeed, despite the grey skies, because I got a free cleanser from Origins!  ^^  And they are VERY generous.  Full-sized cleanser (retail value of $18.50, I believe) for exchanging an empty skincare product bottle.  I'll do a review of it in a few weeks.



Simple green-friendly habits that will not only save you $$$, but help YOU save the Earth!  (Wow, I sound like an ad.  lol)
  • Recycle!  From soda cans to even ink cartridges.  I know that recycling ink cartridges saves me around  
  • Use both sides of the paper.  I love doing this especially for taking notes and writing lists on the back of receipts and envelopes and stuff.  Not only does it save the amount of paper I need to keep track of, it's green!  ...OK I admit it, I'm a tree hugger :)
  • Save water!  Don't let the faucet drip.  You don't need the sounds of running water while brushing your teeth.  If you really do, do yourself a favor and just buy it on a CD.
  • Turn off power surgers when you're not using them.  You'd be surprised how much your electricity bill goes down if you do this.

On another note, congrats UT for winning Playboy's #1 party school!!  I reaaaally wanted to go to the party tonight and meet some of the play bunnies (is that what you call them?  or is it just play girls?), but the weather's just too yucky.  boo.  It's OK; that free Playboy magazine that I could've gotten can go to the male engineer who needs it more desperately than I do :P  

1 comment:

Jen said...

haha wow, that's great marketing for Origins but a bit expensive. Maybe the point is to get you hooked and buying more in the future... :p I'm so cynical!