Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Polaroid fun!

heehee.  Shout out to Rach for sharing this app for me.  It will satisfy my Polaroid obsession till I get a real one in Japan :)

Random pics....



♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥



Givenchy Gloss Interdit Ultra-Shiny Color Plumping Effect in Indiscreet Beige
Rating:  Product 4/5 - Packaging 5/5
Uses:  lip plumping, gloss

Really, reaaaaaally wanted this product after seeing reviews on another blog because of the beautiful color swatches and the claim to have a plumping effect.  Costs an arm and a leg ($24.50), but thanks to Sisi, I am able to try it out for free :)  This swatch claims to be beige, but for whatever reason, I don't know if my lips are too red or what, it comes out very, very pink/red in person.  Here's the break down of my review:

PROS
  • Holds up "ultra shine" claim.  You can definitely see the shine when you put it on, and the soft sparkles in it just makes it pop even more. 
  • Decently long lasting.  If you don't eat anything, it will last more than three hours, which I think is pretty amazing for a lip gloss. 
  • Doesn't sting.  I heard that many lip plumping products sting when you put it on; this one doesn't at all.
  • Beautiful colors.  I only have indiscreet beige, but trying on the other colors at Sephora, they're all gorgeous!
  • Soft brush.  It's a really nice lip brush pencil instead of the usual foam tips, which I like.  Although sometimes if you're not careful you do get too much product.
CONS
  • Minimal plumping effect.  The first time I tried it, I didn't see much of a plumping effect; it just made my lips pop out because of the brightness and shine of the color.  However, after a few uses, I think it does have a very slight plumping effect when I carefully outline it all around my lips.  But it definitely won't give me Angelina Jolie-esque lips.
  • Slightly sticky and thick texture.  Don't think this is really a con, but it might bother some.   
  • Price.  Of course, probably 50% of the $24.50 that you pay is for the brand.

All in all, if you want to splurge on a good lip product, I'd say this is a good investment.  It's expensive, but the tube will definitely last a long time.  Gonna try to pick up Rose Taboo or Delectable Brown when I have more money :)

No comments: