Monday, January 25, 2010

A Wrinkle in Time

So if you haven't noticed, a majority of the past posts have been pretty out of order.  That's because lately I haven't had the discipline to sit down and just blog - I'm always in the middle of doing something when I have a sudden inspiration for a blog post.  I then jot down the main idea and then keep adding to it until it's done.  Like now - I currently have 4 draft posts. haha.  And FYI, this post was started January 17th  *wink*.  I really wish Blogger would just post it as the day that I actually started it.  Oh well.  Not everything in life is perfect.

Today I came home to see Eva (my roomie) studying Chinese vocabulary.  It just so happened that her vocabulary list this time was of foods.  It had some dim sum dishes, and then I made the comment that the only Cantonese words I know are from dim sum.  One remark led to another, and then I found myself driving to Hong Kong Supermarket and buying ingredients to make shau mai.  hahaha. 

Was too busy prepping the food and then making it to take many pictures :(  I should make that my New Year's resolution....get better about capturing the moment through pictures.  But the food turned out yummy (thank god or I would've been pissed!) and it sure was a fun night!


damn.  Mine looked ugly because I didn't have a pea in the middle!  poo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rach said...

You know how to make shau mai??? Feed me, tiff!