Thursday, February 11, 2010

Alexander McQueen

Was eating my jajjangmyun in the Atrium today (more about that later) when I saw on CNN that Alexander McQueen, 40, the English avant-garde fashion designer, committed suicide in his home today.  Honestly, before today, I had only heard of his name before and had never seen any of his stuff.  Reading up on him on wiki though, he's a really cool guy who knew what he wanted to do at a young age and is definitely not afraid to voice his opinion.  To put this guy in more perspective, he works with Lady Gaga.  lol.  'Nuff said.  Although I never think suicide is the way to go, RIP to him.  And as a tribute, just some stuff that I found of his that I really like :) 

Alexander McQueen Spring 2009 Ready-to-Wear Collection


Image credits to style.com

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Last Friday my roomies and I went to F21 and I found a cute skirt that was unique (angled pleats AND pockets!), but I thought it was too expensive.  Then, my roommate was gonna order stuff online from F21 and to help her reach free shipping, I thought "OK, might as well get the skirt."  But when I looked again and again, it wasn't there!  The rarity of the dress is definitely what cut the deal.  It's from a special F21 collection that's only in stores and limited in quantity *grins*

Went to the mall yesterday and the muses were smiling upon me, because not only was it the last one left, it was in my size!  My hard earned skirt: 


Perfect for the spring mood that I've been having lately.  Now if only the weather would cooperate!

Then, I also made..*dun dun dun dun* *drum roll*  jajjangmyun!  I think slowly my confidence in my culinary skills is chipping away, chunk by chunk.  My second successive failed dish.  *sigh*  Well, at least this one wasn't as big of a failure as my previous creamy chicken pesto.  And it wasn't my fault!  I followed a faulty recipe; it asked that I buy pork belly as the meat, but apparently that's not what you use.  (Jenn, I must get an accurate recipe from you!)  That culprit sort of ruined the dish.  Originally I had planned to make a little bit, but then I cut too much of the onions so I had to double everything else.  I was freaking out though because the pan was practically overflowing with ingredients.  Luckily though, since they were veggies, they shrank.  And I cut everything too big.  hahaha.  Other than those small mishaps though, it was delicious.  And it felt good to eat it in the Atrium today.  keke.  *^^*








2 comments:

Ahleessa said...

The skirt is very colorful and it definitely reminds me of spring!... hehe~ :) It looks good on you.

If you need a recipe for jja-jang-myun, I have it on my blog... hehe~ http://ahleessa4realz.blogspot.com/2009/04/noodle-with-black-bean-sauce-jja-jang.html

Thank you for entering the contest! I think it's sweet of you to enter to give to your mother. :)

Ahleessa said...

I try my best to reply to everyone's comment. Of course, I skip here and there at times, but at least I try... hehe~ :D

If you use the recipe, tell me how it goes! I would like to know.