Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Bond Girl - Kim Yuna

I haven't followed figure skating since the Michelle Kwan days, because honestly, there wasn't really anyone worth watching it for.  I'm definitely not a Sasha Cohen fan, and Sarah Hughes did tickle my fancy with her energy and sweet smile, but she turned pro soon after she won her Olympic medal.

Lately though, I've been mesmerized by Kim Yuna.  I can't follow as diligently as I used to, watching all the skaters skate live because I lack a TV, but this girl is definitely a skating genius.  She balances technical and artistic so well, especially in this new (and terrible, mind you) grading system.  I'm gonna admit; Michelle Kwan's artistic skills were always a notch higher than technical.  But, no one has impressed me more with their spirals than Michelle Kwan (yes, even Kim Yuna).  Refer to pic below for the definition of spiral :)



Credits to Google


Another thing I love about Kim Yuna is her costumes and makeup.  They're always beautifully made and totally my style.  I also like how her makeup enhances the character and emotion she's trying to portray and how she doesn't look clowny, as girls blessed with single lids can look sometimes when they don't do their makeup in a flattering way. 


Am a bit reserved to say who I think "deserves" to win because I honestly have no clue on her other competitors (heard there's one from Japan and a Chinese female who's representing USA...?), but I know that Yuna's definitely getting the popularity award and will continue to shine on the ice.  Yuna, fighting! ^O^

1 comment:

stephchang (notice the ph, not stef) said...

Did you skate for awhile, Tiff, or am I out of my mind?