Thursday, March 18, 2010

Shop 'til you drop...literally.

Dropped by Walgreens today to pick up a Rimmel mascara (50% off all Rimmel cosmetics through Sunday).  Although I wouldn't buy any drugstore eyeshadow because I don't think they're pigmented and finely milled enough, I only buy drugstore mascara.  No need to buy something that costs $20+ when you're supposed to throw it out every 3 months.

Rimmel Glam'Eyes Mascara Review


Rating:  Product 4/5 - Packaging 4/5
Uses:  volume & lengthening
Price:  $7.99-> $3.13 (50% off + $1 coupon)

haha, the flash flashed in the perfect spot.  Glam indeed.  

Claims to have 10x volume and make your lashes 80% longer.  I think that's a bit exaggerating, but the before/after pictures indeed are quite different.  This is with one coat and no mascara base or anything.  


As you can see, for $3, this mascara does its job at adding volume and length.  Definitely worth my money.  When I think of glam though, I think drama.  Perhaps if I added a few more coats it could be more dramatic, but meh, this isn't too shabby either.  

Things I do not like:  The temporary cap.  Very unnecessary and not green.  Something that you just throw away immediately upon using it.  Hence the 4 for packaging.  Also, it is not waterproof, which isn't a big deal for me since I don't have very watery eyes; it's my oily lids that get to me.  But some may care, so 4 for product too.


x--x--x--x--x--x--x--x--x--x--x--x--x--x--x--x--x--x--x

So, I was out today shopping literally all day.  I left my house at around 9:45 AM, got back at 8 PM.  Pretty intense, but fun.  Still on the look out for THE romper though.  I still can't believe F21 sold out so fast of that romper that I wanted! sighhh.  And it didn't help that practically everyone who went to the American Apparel Warehouse sale was wearing a romper.  Just rub it in my face, why don't ya!  Oh, AA did.  I found a cute romper, but it was XL.  And of course it didn't have a twin. boooooooo.

The AA thing was disappointing yet not at the same time.  1) The prices were higher than expected ($6 for a tank is not that cheap),  2)  The selection wasn't the best; lots of odd AA-esque stuff like leotards and neon colors, 3)  Absolutely nowhere to park, causing me to have to drive back to my apt then bus + walk back, and 4)  Not as many different styles as I was expecting.  

BUT I did still end up spending $45.  2 convertible dresses ($12 ea), 1 pair of shorts ($5), 1 snood ($4), 1 tee ($6), 1 scrunchie ($1).

So if you're expecting to get the classic V-necks and other "classic" styles of theirs like I was, there wasn't any at all and it might not be worth the energy and time to try to go.  But if you're into the brand, then you'll probably like it and find some good deals.

Before that we dropped by F21 at Barton.  Got some really cute stuff that I can't wait to wear!


o1,  Didn't find a headband, but found a scrunchie.  Haven't bought a scrunchie in ages, but it loooked so cute!  Like a flower :)  
o2,  A bit more than what I wanted to pay, but the flower applique is cute and it's a very versatile tank that'd go well with all the skirts that I've bought.  Plus it has a built in shelf bra which is nice for something that's white.
o3, Got this instead of a romper.  It was only $9.80!  Couldn't resist.  Plus I'm a hobo anyway.  A pretty chillax summer hobo looking dress.


That's it for now!  Thanks for reading through this too long post!  xoxoxo hug hug butt slap.

1 comment:

Rach said...

Awww I was looking forward to the AA sale, but it doesn't sound too promising. I'm still heading over there soon though. Will let you know if I find anything good though!