Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spring Break - Day 1 & 2

Confession #1:  I'm really, really bad about taking pictures.  So sorry, this post is going to all be words.  Will try to have more pictures next time!  
Confession #2:  This'll be very much like a journal/diary post.  Hence, it's looooooong!  But hopefully not boring.



Friday 03.12.10

Got 3 hours of sleep after going downtown (honestly, not the best night in my life...) and woke up at 6:30 to go to work.  Then after work I rushed back home to study for my Japanese test that I was definitely not prepared for.  Damn SxSW.  So much traffic!  I was stuck on Guadalupe for like 10 minutes.

Oh well, at least I think my test went alright; at least I don't think I did worse than I usually do.  Which isn't that spectacular either, but you get what you put into it.  lol.  Was going to go to the boutique crawl, but I was just sooo pooped that I had to opt out.  I'm so sad though; I really wanted to meet the bloggers that I've been following in real life!

Got to take a much needed nap and then had to rush to pick up Eva from ushering so that we could get to our  dance performance.  I PARALLEL PARKED IN FRONT OF THE ERWIN CENTER!  *beams*  It was epic.  And then after that brilliant moment, I went on to have an epically bad dance performance.  Not only did my ribbons get tangled at the very beginning, I had the best knot yet in my dancing history - triple knots that were basically on top of each other.  lol.  Oh, and my ribbons got caught on the wooden floor so I had to yank it, hence ripping my already damaged ribbons.  *sigh*

Honestly, it was pretty bad.  And the girls who were doing the "fish dance" before us (sounds totally sketchy, huh?) turned out to be really legit and amazing.  They were able to control their energy and do the acting part so well!  Not to mention that they had pretty hot bods and costumes.  We definitely paled in comparison.  Oops!

It's OK though, because I wrapped up the day with an awesome late dinner at Milto's (a really cute and tiny Mediterranean restaurant practically across the street from our apt) and watching a very, very sappy drama with Eva.


Saturday 03.13.10

Woke up at 7:30.  haha...a very unconventional way to begin spring break.  What can I say, I was just so excited to do things!  Went to the City-Wide Garage Sale with Rach and her bf.  It was really nice walking around downtown early in the morning.  The weather was beautiful and so was the sight across Town Lake and the many cute doggies we met along the way.

Didn't find anything at the garage sale.  Was hoping I could get a cute fur coat for cheap, but it was either too big on me or badly damaged.  hahaha, and this random stranger walked by us and was like "wearing fur is cruel!"  Well, you know what sir?  Those animals are already dead and unloved; and since it's vintage, we're just giving them more love and meaning by continuing to use them.

Anyway, a lot of vintage things are REALLY expensive o_O  So my conclusion is that I don't really like vintage shopping.  lol.  I think I'd just rather buy new things because I can get it for cheaper.  And honestly, vintage is just a euphemism for "other-people's-junk."  I already have too much of my own junk; collecting another person's junk will just drive my dear old mother up the wall.

Then after that had another dress rehearsal.  Yet again another epic disaster.  It was really frustrating too; we were all ready for our first number and then our teacher sees us and starts freaking out.  Apparently we didn't have our entire costume on (we were missing these arm cuffs that had ribbons flowing from it) - except she never told us about that!  garrr.  Oh well, I'm immune to her yelling now. lol.  At least we finished early.  And then I went home to some good 'ol momma's food.  yum.

1 comment:

Rach said...

you have to list 10 things you love... i think. *shrug who knows. haha.