Monday, August 3, 2009

08.03

Finally used a sample today that I've had for ages, so I'll just do a review here.

Missha Detoxifying Peeling Gel

I was getting kind of concerned about what exfoliator I should get after I finish the Envie De Neuf one. It's really gentle (the base is aloe) and I can feel/see the dead skin coming off of my skin, unlike the other face wash products that claim to exfoliate with their microbeads. This Missha does the exact same job at a lower cost. It has a nice, soothing fruity smell, but it doesn't look as clear as the Envie, although it applies very smoothly. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with it since it seems to do its job. Will consider purchasing in Korea :)

On the other hand, I think I have been a bit disappointed in DHC's products. With all the rave about the Deep Cleansing Oil I expected it to exfoliate like Missha & Envie while being able to see the makeup residue coming off. However, it doesn't do any of that. I do like how it takes off the Shiseido sunscreen and doesn't make my face feel so sticky and clogged. But still kinda weary of how effective it is on taking off my makeup. Then I tried the Eye Makeup Remover sample and 1) it smells gross 2) it's as liquid as water, causing half of it just spilling out, and 3) failed at removing my mascara.

Now that I'm so set on going to Japan, I've been trying very hard to limit my shopping so that I can go crazy over there. (Successfully evaded a tarte cosmetics temptation! ^_^) I kept thinking that the Maybelline eyeshadows that I bought were really crappy, but actually I liked the effect I got today when I used a smudge-y eyeliner. Perhaps I was too quick to judge :P

No comments: