Sunday, August 9, 2009

back home



Wow...it's been practically a week since I've blogged! O_o Although I lasted only seven days of continuous blogging (or was it 6?) I'm still sticking with it! Since it's too hard to write everything down with pictures and stuff, this is the next best alternative. That reminds me of another thing to add to my shopping list when I go to Japan - a polaroid camera! I still really want one just because I can get pictures instantaneously and then write on them or write about them. Gives a more photo-diary kind of vibe to my entries, much like what I'm trying to imitate here.

I've found this awesome Japanese jazz band called "mouse on the keys." What a gem! Their music totally takes me back to Blue Notes in Taipei and that spontaneous feel that live Jazz performances give. Now I really want to try out The Elephant Room since it's rumored to be a good Jazz place.

Just got back from camping today and Houston. I can say (with confidence) that this was our most efficient trip to Houston. Went grocery shopping, got haircuts, bought bread, and ate out all in like a three hour time span. Still need to collect my thoughts on camping and upload pictures, so I'll wait on blogging about that. One thing I must say though, is that it feels nice to be back in modern civilization. With AC.

No comments: