Wednesday, August 12, 2009

downtown fun



August 11th is definitely one of the longest days I've had in a long, long while. As the saying goes, save the best for last! And with my personality, the ending always has to have an oomph, right?

The first place we went to I felt a bit awkward since we were just standing there and there literally was no one else. It felt really weird seeing so many bars empty considering that every time I do see them they're always jam packed. Once Julie and the sisters came though it definitely picked up and got to be as fun as I had hoped for it to be. I felt really grateful that no one was being too forceful about how many drinks I had because that just would not have been fun. Oh, what wonderful memories! By 2 AM, I had downed 5 shots (or was it 6?), probably 6 cups of water, 3 cherries, and 1/2 a pizza. Compliments to Rrrrrrrrrrrapolio's!

So after having finally experienced "bar-hopping," I've come to the conclusion that I can only stand alcohol once in a blue moon. If you go too much, it feels like it just gets old and boring and the fun of it wears off. Plus the damage you do to your body makes it not worth it. Too much is, really, not fun. Last time I felt the negative effects it has on your throat, and this time I felt how uncomfortable it makes your stomach feel. 'Twas a crazy night! A very memorable 21st :) Thanks to everyone who came out to celebrate with me!

No comments: