Friday, August 14, 2009

Camping!

Wow, I underestimated my little Nikon. I'm actually quite pleased with some of these pictures :)

So, we actually went camping. I don't know how we did it, but somehow we did. Man does it feel good to be back with civilization. It's actually quite a nice park because it's so close to Houston, yet so far! Subtracting mosquitoes and 100 degree heat from the picture, it was quite enjoyable to experience nature. It really reminded me of Dr. Seuss and his crazy made-up characters; except they weren't made-up! While exploring the lakes and other sites, from nowhere loud and shrill laughter would pop up. The whole time I was thinking, "Who the hell is laughing at us?!" I guess even the birds there found Asians going camping to be an amusing idea. lol. Also, no matter how you try to dress them up, alligators can never be cute. Sorry guys. And boy are raccoons greedy! Trying to snag my food before me, tchh.

At the Park there was also an observatory to see the stars. I must say, I have yet to experience such a starry night! It was beautiful...and I got to see Jupiter and its moons! It feels so weird that what I saw was light that happened, like, ten to the tenth million years ago. It existed practically when dinosaurs were around. Does that mean all the sunlight that we see now was from ten to the tenth million years ago? What a distorted reality. So much for "the present."


Reminder to self: Paint tomorrow.

No comments: